Friday, January 19, 2018

Crockpot Marinara Sauce


Once I was back on Weight Watchers one of my complaints was with the points of most tomato sauces. I use tomato sauce multiple times a week and I was sick of spending a few points each time. This week alone I used it for a pizza (recipe coming soon) and a chicken parm meal I made. My favorite jarred sauce was 3sp for 1/2 a cup and to me that was a "waste" when I knew I could get an equally good sauce for 0 points.

I've made homemade sauce a million times but never without oil and or butter. When I saw the original recipe for this I knew it would be good but I worried I'd really miss the fats I usually add. I can honestly say I did not! I modified the original recipe a bit to make it work with what I had on hand but it was still delicious. I ended up freezing the majority of it in my silicone muffin tin. Each "muffin" holds 1/3 cup of sauce so I can easily grab as many or as few as I need. I chose to use silicone because once they were frozen it was super easy to just invert the tray and pop them all out!


Source: Modified from Daily Dose of Pepper

0 sp on Weight Watchers Freestyle

Ingredients:
3   28oz cans of crushed tomatoes
5 cloves of garlic, minced, or 3 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup dried chopped onion (or 1 small fresh onion, diced)
3 tbsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
1- Combine all ingredients in the crockpot. Allow to cook on low 6-8 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment